In this digital era, the technologies are accelerating at a phenomenal pace. The world of business is witnessing the revolution with the adoption of latest technology trends. The only thing that is constant in the world of technology is “change” These emerging technologies are advancing at different rates which will rule the new decade. Here is the list of technologies that will bring a tremendous turnover in terms of knowledge yield, prospects and promising opportunities in the coming year 2020:
1) Artificial Intelligence (AI): “Machines with intelligence”. In today’s world, we can witness AI being used in every industry such as health care, banking, manufacturing, retail, telecommunication etc. It is gradually playing a vital role in our day to day life. From face recognition in every new smart phone to Alexa being family member, AI is everywhere! As AI is growing rapidly and adopted in all the sector of society and the current ideas and trends would mature in continuous basis, there is a huge demand of skilled AI professionals. Up-Skilling on AI now will help you gain job assurance in future.
2) 5G data networks: The 5th generation of internet connectivity with super-fast data networks will be ready to spread the wings and fly high in 2020. Already being launched on April 2019 in South Korea and being successful, the implementation of 5G is reaching everywhere rapidly. The increased bandwidth will enable faster data transfer with simple setup process. 5G is a unique combination of high speed connectivity, ubiquitous coverage and very low latency will not only support phones, Tablets, it will also support smart vehicles. Internets of Things (IoT) Operators have huge demand as it requires continuous innovation and collaboration with other industry. Automotive & Transportation (A&T) is expected to be the #1 sector for adoption of 5G technologies in IoT applications.
3) IoT: (Internet of Things) - It is made up of devices that connect to the internet and shares data with each other. IoT devices are not only smart phones, computers or laptops, but it also includes devices equipped with chips to communicate data over network such as robotic vacuum cleaners, smart speakers etc. According to IoT analytics, it is estimated that by 2025, there will be more than 21 billion devices connected to the internet (IoT devices). Through IoT AI will continue to grow bigger, Routers will become more secure and 5G will add fuel to IoT growth.
4) Automation: With the rapid growth of AI, Automation is at its peak and will continue to rule in 2020. With the help of Automation everything will be made more accessible and easily available especially in manufacturing industry where high volume repetitive tasks are expected to be completed in short time, machines can be programmed for higher efficiency. In this hyper competitive world, it will increase connectivity and reliability and create many opportunities for business. Collaboration of AI, Machine learning and robotics results in mass adoption of automation in medical, customer service , hospitality services, education etc.
5) NLP: Natural Language processing takes technology to the next level by understanding the common language used by the user. Through NLP, the contexts will be clearer to new technologies, even though the complex algorithms are involved to make this happen. Being a component of AI, Syntax and semantic analysis techniques are used and it is booming day by day and it will continue in 2020 by reaching enterprise search which will allow organizations to use chatbots for customer support on an enterprise level.
6) Block Chain Technology: It is a record keeping technology where the digital information such as transactions, health records, property records, votes , supply chains are stored in database which is cryptographically secure and with lower processing fees. In today's world, every information is stored in digital manner and will continue in every sector. The block chain technology is widely used by startups raising the requisite capital growth. Startups are going to accept mass adoption of blockchain technology in 2020. .We can also expect the launch of Facebook's own blockchain-based crypto currently Libra in 2020.
7) Edge Computing: Edge computing allows data produced by Internet of Things (IoT) devices to be processed closer to where it is created instead of sending it across long routes to data centers or clouds. Edge computing enables sending important data over the network which reduces the data traversing the network. Edge Computing provides storage resources with adequate connectivity (networking) close to the devices generating traffic with low latency, high bandwidth and storage.
8) Facial Recognition: In coming years, your face will become the ideal technology partner in every industry. Not only smartphones, all smart devices will have a face recognition feature. There are many facial recognition tools such as Amazon Rekognition, Microsoft Face API, Google cloud vision etc. which are rapidly growing in the all industry especially in crime boards It also enhanced ability to detect crime patterns and modus operandi across the states and communicate to the state police departments for aiding in crime prevention.
9) Extended Reality (XR): Extended reality refers to virtual, augmented and mixed reality. In the world of entertainment, it is widely being used in gaming sector, theaters, theme parks etc. VR, Virtual reality is already being experienced in recent days by entering computer generated world with headsets that takes far from reality. AR, Augmented reality enables us to interact with digital objects. In 2020, it will not only be used in the entertainment industry, but also in training and stimulation.
10) Predictive and Prescriptive Analyticis: With the growing industry, Predictive and Prescriptive analysis plays a very important role. It is an analytical solution to extract data which helps in decision taking tasks with the flood of data available. Predictive data analytics provides companies with actionable insights based on data which can be used throughout the organization, from forecasting customer behavior and purchasing patterns to identifying trends in sales activities. Prescriptive analytics use a combination of techniques and tools such as business rules, algorithms, machine learning and computational modeling and procedures. Larger companies are successfully using prescriptive analytics to optimize production scheduling and inventory in the supply chain.
2020 is going to be very interesting in terms of new and emerging technologies leading to mass adoption and resulting in opening of doors for new job opportunities worldwide.
For more information on how iCert Global can help you to accelerate your career as a certified professional, visit us at https://www.icertglobal.com/
Write a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked (*)