CSPO Certification Training FAQs in Norman, OK
Who is responsible for the certification and examination process?
Scrum Alliance, Inc. is the entity awarding certification. CSPO® examination is managed and certification awarded by Scrum Alliance, Inc. It is important to note and know that the CSPO® is responsible for certification.
What is agile?
Agile is a philosophy that uses organizational models based on people, collaboration, and
shared values. The Agile Manifesto outlines tenets of agile philosophy. Agile uses rolling
wave planning; iterative and incremental delivery; rapid and flexible response to change; and
open communication between teams, stakeholders, and customers. There are many agile
methodologies that adhere to these tenets, such as Scrum, XP, Lean and Test-driven Development (TDD).
Here are definitions for some common terms associated with agile principles and practices:
Incremental and Iterative
A public declaration of the philosophy and principles of agile
software development, created in February 2001 in Snowbird, Utah, USA. Visit the Agile Manifesto to learn more.
Frameworks and processes whose practices support the Agile
Manifesto principles. Examples include: Scrum, Extreme
Programming (XP), Crystal, Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM Atern), Feature Driven Development (FDD).
Activities that are the application of agile principles.
Fundamental truths and shared values that drive behavior in
The approach of implementing a work product in successive
pieces (increments), while also gradually refining the work product through targeted improvements (iterations).
What are some examples of agile principles and practices?
Agile principles and practices include:
- Early, measurable return on investment through defined, iterative delivery of product increments.
- High visibility of project progress allows early identification and resolution or monitoring of problems.
- Continuous involvement of the customer throughout the product development cycle.
- Empowerment of the business owner to make decisions needed to meet goals.
- Adaptation to changing business needs, giving more influence over requirement changes.
- Reduced product and process waste
What value do agile principles and practices bring to an organization?
Organizations who use agile principles and practices have documented the value
- they see from these techniques:
- Adaptive to changing business needs, giving the organization more influence over adding, changing, or removing requirements.
- Early and continuous customer feedback improves communication and empowers business owners who can receive and review critical information necessary to make decisions to steer the project throughout the development process.
- Early measurable return on investment.
- High visibility and influence over the project progress leading to early indications of problems.
- Incremental delivery rather than a singlecomplete delivery at the end of the project. Reduces product and process waste.